I nearly automatically checked myself in at the health clinic yesterday. The door frame between the 'lab' and the 'ward' is made of iron and is just about 6' tall. I am about 6' 1/2". Everyone was startled by the noise and my abrupt stop. Sure enough I drew blood, but at least it is under the hairline so I am not having to explain.
Why Don't We Have These?
How simple, two buttons, one for, um, light flush, two for heavy flush! I guess water is more precious here than even in California.
I thought these T Rex guys were from North America?
And yes, they are alive, check the second picture...
Well actually there were tons of pictures that I missed today (hard to take good pictures from a moving car), like the chunks of raw meat hanging from the roadside shacks, the naked two year old running circles around his Mom, the rows of 'shops' between Kampala and Jinja selling piles of everything from furniture (bed frames, chairs, tables, cabinets...), to scaffolding (long wooden poles), to iron window covers (accessories?), to fresh planed lumber (planing machines on site), and that was just in the basic home supply miles of road.
No, the two pictures I missed, and will really miss, are the two little monkeys playing on the side of the road and the crocodile in the Nile.
I will post some of the ones I didn't miss soon.




No comments:
Post a Comment