Well, after a night of no sleep, or NOT adjusting to the local time (for me anyway, Mike was able to sleep), we had a great breakfast and went for a walk. We picked up a pay as you go cell phone so we don't have to pay $3.50 a minute to talk, and an 'internet everywhere' usb key - basically internet through the local cell phone network (so I am actually able to effectively go on line!). Basically haven't started our trip other than getting settled. Nelson is picking us up shortly. He had a meeting this morning with a local planning board. Someone bought property behind the orphanage and wants a road put in through the orphanage property. Not good.
I thought I would share a couple pictures. First one is Pastor Nelson and his wife, Sarah, and me as we arrived at the hotel last night.

This second one is of a HUGE bird. He (or she) is out on the golf course on our walk. It's wingspan is at least 8 foot across, probably more... 'go ahead, play through I'll wait...'

Mike's "pigeon" is scary! Looks more like a crane-vulture combo. So glad you're there and can't wait to see/hear more. And you know I don't mean birds ;)
ReplyDelete