Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Uganda gets closer

I had a wonderful conversation today with Tripp at Four Corners Ministry out of Alabama. They have also teamed with Pastor Nelson in Kampala - focus on broader ministry in Uganda and Sudan. Their mission is slightly different than what I am pursuing (although I am not set on anything at this point I am just trying to stay open to the real needs and opportunities, so who knows where this will lead (Answer: God, sorry, no extra credit). Take a look at their web site if you have time, you will get a better picture of what they are up to. http://www.4cornersministries.org/index.php
Anyway, I see a clear connection and look forward to continuing our conversation to see if there are ways we might work together in the future or at least compliment each others work. (Makes me sound like a real organization or something, jeese.) It was a great conversation, thanks Tripp.
If you don't have the time to check out all the content on their site, I suggest you to watch at least this one video (length = 6:21). It is from testimonies from one of Four Corners missions trips (2008)
http://vimeo.com/4104092
Going to have to talk to their video guy, really well done.

So Mike and I are continuing our prep. Off the to doctor this afternoon for a check up and trip shots!?!?! Trying to figure out what exactly to bring - besides my Bible, clothes, cameras, computer and a couple of things Pastor Nelson has asked for (in response to my offer of 'what can we bring with us?). Is there anything else? Open heart, open mind,.....

Mike and I prayed over two verses (our verses for the trip?).

Then I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, "Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?" Then I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah's commission, Isaiah 6:8

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not tremble or be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go." -Joshua 1:9

1 comment:

  1. Every time I see that passage from Isaiah I think of this song so I thought I might as well share it..

    http://www.rhapsody.com/mercyme/almost-there/here-am-i/lyrics.html

    The whole song doesn't apply to your particular situation as much just obviously the chorus and I really like the bridge part:
    "How beautiful are feet of those who bring good news
    Proclaiming peace and your salvation"

    ReplyDelete